Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

All Things Praise Him


"Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights..." [Ps. 148]

Psalm 148 sounds like it was written by a man that just couldn't contain himself anymore and simply had to shout to all creation "PRAISE THE LORD!!!" There have been times I've felt this way; the day I was baptized, the day I was married, the days my children were born. These are times in my life that I'm just so overcome by the goodness and richness of God's great blessings that I either have to shout to the Lord in songs of praise or else go mad!

God has been so incredibly good to us. All of Creation was made for our benefit. God could have simply made for us a utilitarian creation that simply had what we needed and that was it, but He went above and beyond that. Look at the beauty of Creation!! Look at the wonders in the universe, the beauties in the world around us, even the simple things like a warm Spring thaw after a cold winter, or a delicious ripe tomato fresh off the vine. These are all signs of how much God loves us and want what is good for us. I've heard it said before that these things were made as a preview of what heaven will be like. If that's true, then I can't wait to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment